Monday, March 30, 2009

Work and Workout

The happenings of the day seem quite uneventful compared to the happenings of this evening. At the sound of the 5:00 "time to go home bell" I packed up my things, turned off my computer and headed downstairs to my new gym aka "the resort." I was feeling pretty drained, as learning can be exhausting, but I had an appointment to keep for orientation with a gym trainer. And thank goodness I kept it, for little did I know what was in store...

Before I go any further, let me backtrack for a second... One thing I've failed to mention about this glorious town in my previous posts, is all the beautiful glorious men. They are EVERYWHERE! On the street, in the elevator, in the coffee shops... and in the GYM!!! A single girls paradise! Few of them have rings, (that's the first place I look) and they are all dressed up and look shiny and new!

Okay... sorry, back on track...

After an hour of friendly health talk, lots of small talk, and a work out plan to whip me into shape, the gym membership was proving to be money well spent yet again. You see my friends, this short story has a VERY happy ending. Not only did I get a gym orientation and some cardio fun, but I also got my first Chicago date... with a fine piece of trainer.

Oh yeah, and I had a really good first day at work too.

5 comments:

Crystal said...

So proud you are working out and keeping up with your GitFit goals. I expect to see lots of minutes logged for you as you have such a great motivation to go to the gym.

Cindie b said...

Hi Amy

Sounds like you had a great first day at work & the Gym ! Just be careful ( now I sound like a typical Mom ). Hope you enjoy the new Gym, the great looking guys !

Lindsay said...

NICE!!!! Not so homesick anymore? ;)

mommyspice said...

woo hoo! that's my girl!

Mitzi McCoy said...

Nothin like fresh man meat. Well done you!

Post a Comment