Thursday, April 23, 2009

Jersey, NY and everywhere in between

For the better part of this week, I was in New Jersey and New York for training. The training portion was actually better than I could have hoped for, and really helped me get a feel for the big picture of my new job. The free time outside of training was even better. I met two new friends, who work in our New Jersey office, both of which also came from Sacramento, and I got to reconnect with my darling cousin and my best friend Matt, who both live in Brooklyn. Believe it or not, going into the trip I wasn't really all that thrilled or excited not knowing how much free time I would have, etc... but the trip was better than I expected with new and old friends; a wonderful treat!

In New Jersey, I met Liz and Rudy. Not only do they both
have the same position I have but they were both also born and raised in Sacramento. It was so nice to visit and talk through the trials and the excitement of just packing up and heading out. We bonded instantly. They took me to all their favorite bars, and New Jersey hang outs, and we also planned trips to visit each other in the coming months. It was so nice to be in the midst of others who are living the same experiences I am, and because of that I know we'll be friends for a long time!!

On Wednesday, we finished our training very early and headed into New York for the day. While in the city, a coworker and I got to go to a Broadway show; "Exit the King" staring Susan Sarandon and Geoffery Rush. I was an odd play, very thought provoking, but to see both of those actors on stage was priceless. We also spotted Geena Davis and her beau, who sat two rows in front of us... it was quite a fun experience!





After the show I met up with my sweet cousin Erin, and headed to Brooklyn to have some drinks and a visit. My long time friend Matt, who also lives in Brooklyn met up with us as well. It was so refreshing to see friendly faces and hang in their neck of the woods. We laughed, had great drinks, and took lots of pictures. At one point when I was sitting there it occurred to me that I could visit New York a lot more often now, only being about an hour and a half away, and that made me really happy. Knowing that I have family so close by is really a comfort. In fact we are already planning to spend and orphan Thanksgiving together this year since none of us will be able to make it home. Can't wait for that!


Today I am back in Chicago, very happy to be home, and sleepy from my early flight. Tomorrow it's going to be 80 degrees here WOO HOO!!!! I might not know how to act, or what to wear! ;) This weekend I hope to soak up lots of sun, and take lots and lots of pictures of the spring that has FINALLY sprung all around me... and yes Mom and Dad, there will be LOTS of pictures of the Tulips as promised! ;)



Happy almost Friday everyone... Have a great weekend!!

1 comments:

Marc and Stacy said...

What a fun adventurous life you lead! So fun that you got to see Matt! :)

Post a Comment